Non-EU citizen

If you are a non-EU citizen and do not have EU rights, if you wish to practise your profession in the UK, we can help guide you through the process of obtaining recognition of your professional qualifications.

This section has been developed to help you determine if your profession is regulated or not in the UK, and what you will need to do in order to come to the UK and pursue your profession.

In the UK if your profession is a regulated profession, you may be required by the competent authority to obtain professional recognition of your qualifications to be able to practise your profession in the UK. You may need a UK NARIC Statement of Comparability or Career Path Report to help you demonstrate the comparable level of your qualifications to UK standards.

If you wish to carry out an unregulated profession in a self-employed capacity in the UK, while there are no requirements regarding professional qualifications you would be best advised to visit UK Welcomes for further information on business operations requirements if providing services in the UK (e.g. tax and insurance requirements). You may also need to look into visa requirements.